3rd Gen Forever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum usable to people who love 3rd gen Pokemon. Find battles, trades, strategies, and much more.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Format for Wifi. Have to Set it Up < And Get All Of The Levels, But this would be a small taste of it

Go down 
AuthorMessage
[Team Sonic] Vector
Admin
[Team Sonic] Vector

New Format for Wifi. Have to Set it Up < And Get All Of The Levels, But this would be a small taste of it Empty
PostSubject: New Format for Wifi. Have to Set it Up < And Get All Of The Levels, But this would be a small taste of it   New Format for Wifi. Have to Set it Up < And Get All Of The Levels, But this would be a small taste of it EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 12:27 pm

I personally still have the program that started this, and Am Going to Be Dedicated, To Setting It Up to do so :3

Level Balance - The Next Metagame (Is Now)

Bored with your usual pokemon? Looking for a change of pace? Then Netbattle's Level Balance metagame may be something to look into.

Level Balance is a setting under which all pokemon's levels are adjusted according to their base stats. Small things get bigger, big things get smaller. This is as close as things get to being balanced in a world without it.

I first got into it myself when I was toying around with Tail Glow-Baton Pass Volbeat. Many of you may remember a sweep by Elekid. ;O

At any rate, Level Balance, in my opinion, is slowly getting more popular, and will be able to tide us over until D/P. I'll give you a brief overview of some of the major players.

Taillow - The Deoxys F of Level Balance. Usual set is something like this:

Taillow @ Choice Band
Guts
Jolly: 252 atk, 252 spd, 6 hp
Double Edge/Return
Quick Attack
Aerial Ace/Steel Wing
Hidden Power Ground/Fighting/Ghost

Steel wing usually kills Aerodactyl, while hidden power types change its offensive weaknesses. Ghost for Haunter, Misdreavous, etc. Ground for Aron, sometimes Metagross. Fighting for Aron and Chansey.

Pikachu - Not fast enough usually, but still very good.

Pikachu @ Light Ball
Static
Modest: 252 spd, 252 sp atk, 6 hp
Thunderbolt
Surf
Agility
Hidden Power Grass/Ice/Fire

If you throw it against something it usually destroys (Clamperl among other things), you get a free Agility on the switch, which will sometimes lead to a sweep. After agilty, Taillow, Dugtrio, and Wingull all fall to it. This is very handy considering they'll throw Duggy at it a lot.

Wingull - The Special counterpart of Taillow

Wingull @ Salac Berry
Keen Eye
Modest: 252 sp atk, 252 spd, 6 hp
Endure
Water Pulse
Ice Beam
Hidden Power Grass/Fire

This set forces CB Taillow and Duggy to switch, and really does quite a bit. Like Taillow, just less moves. =/

Clamperl - Strongest special attacker.

Clamperl @ Deapseatooth
Shell Armor
Evs and nature are up to you, really. Sweeper or survivor. Modest and max sp atk allows for insane sp atk, near to 400.
Surf
Ice Beam
Hidden Power Grass
Filler. Toxic is good sometimes.

Hurts. Like. Hell.

Wooper - I don't have a set for this guy, but he's Swampert without the sp def.

Horsea - Swiftswimmer.

Horsea @ Petaya Berry
Swift Swim
Timid: 252 sp atk 252 spd 6 sp def
Rain Dance
Surf
Ice Beam
Hidden Power Grass

Main function is to overwrite other weather conditions. NOTE THAT IT DIES TO ALMOST ANY SPECIAL ATTACK.

Shedinja - The reason I've been mentioning HP Fire this whole time. Sheddy usually stops Taillow dead, then hits the next thing hard. Use the normal swords dance set.

Aron - The most balanced physical wall. Stops CBtaillow, among other things. One of the best roarers in the game (Roar fails against higher levels, and this guy is high level).

Aron @ Leftovers
Sturdy/Rock Head
EVs and nature are spread out over the hp, defenses, and attack stat
Double Edge/Rock Slide/Earthquake
Double Edge/Rock Slide/Earthquake
Substitute
Roar

I would recommend keeping sturdy to prevent ohko Smeargle from eating your team. =/ Main counter to this thing is bonemerang Cubone.

Those are just the tip of the iceberg. Other notable choices are as follows:

Gulpin
Spoink
Duskull
Smeargle
Cubone
Koffing
Chansey
Snubbul
Teddiursa
Larvitar/Pupitar
Haunter
Ninjask
Sableye
Kangaskhan
Meditite
Combusken
Marshtomp
Electrode
Dugtrio
Sunkern
Tyrogue
Smoochum
Elekid
Magby
Lotad
Solrock
Yanma

And the list goes on... get out there and LB!

quote quick quote edit quick edit del posts in thread report
Elliot Gale
I'll curse you!
Neolife

since: Apr 2002
Mar 30, 07 at 8:30am ^re: Level Balance - The Next Metagame (Is Now)

Bumping and mentioning more fine choices:

Anorith
Drowzee
Volbeat
Misdreavus
Trapinch
Zigzagoon
Back to top Go down

New Format for Wifi. Have to Set it Up < And Get All Of The Levels, But this would be a small taste of it
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
3rd Gen Forever :: RULES :: Basics-
Jump to: